Skip to main content

8 Reasons Why You Should Use Vinegar in Your Laundry

Hola friends!

In Part 1 of this Laundry series, I talked about how to make your own laundry detergent.

Continuing on with Part 2 lets touch base on the benefits of adding vinegar in your laundry!



It took me over a year to figure out one of the top secret laundry hacks that no one ever talks about. I was so fed up with the static in my dryer that I was on the edge of giving up with using my dryer balls. Everyone said that they help reduce static but I was having a hell of a time believing them.

I kept looking for a solution because I was determined to find something and sure wasn't going to go back to those toxic filled sheets. Low and behold a month later I came across this gals blog that talked about adding some vinegar to her load to help combat static because she was having the same problem as I was.

So naturally I dived into research because my brain never shuts off! I found out adding vinegar to laundry has a whole heap (no pun intended) of benefits! The fact that it is a natural solution is even better!


The top 8 benefits I have come across are:


1. Reduces Static

2. Fabric Softener

3. Odor Remover

4. Helps Remove Soap Build Up On Clothes

5. Stain Remover

6. Whitener

7. Prevent Color Fading

8. Anti- Bacterial



How to Use Vinegar in Your Laundry
Small load 1/4 cup
Large load 1/2 cup
You can either pour the vinegar into the softener compartment of your washer or you can add it to the water in your last rinse cycle.



Until next time, happy trails my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cast Iron Care

Hola friends! Continuing on with my favorite kitchen items and how to care for them I'm super pumped to talk about Cast Iron care. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- But it is not easy or  convenient I acquired my 1st skillet when I was in college. I believe it was a Christmas present from my parents. I was defiantly intimidated by it because it came with rules! What pan has rules like it has to be "seasoned" before you use it or that you can't use soap in it?? Everything about this pan just sounded complicated. We had one at the farm when I was growing up. My parents used it all the time. But me being that lazy college kid I didn't feel the need to use it when I had the cheapy Teflon non stick pans that did the job just fine.  Come to find out Teflon isn't the greatest for your health... it can leach icky things into your food when you cook on high hea

How to make Spoon Butter

Hola friends! I figured I'd start my blog off with my favorite kitchen items and how to care for them. So stay tuned for up coming Kitchen Care posts. Today I wanna cover wood and the importance of it in the Kitchen.  --------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can describe the modern kitchen with one word. Plastic. Almost everything we come into contact with has plastic. We now have plastic bowls, cutting boards, food containers, utensils, cups.. the list goes on and on. What happened to good old fashioned glass, wood, and metal?  Lately, I've been trying to get rid of that junk because they do nothing for me. Give me a good cast iron skillet and a wood spoon and I'll be one happy gal. I absolutely love the idea of hand me down and anything vintage! When I acquire a new used kitchen tool (you can find a bunch of things at a second hand store or just ask your relatives, they always seem to be giving things away) I can'

Simple Homemade Laundry Detergent Powder

Hola friends! Ya know that amazing feeling when all the laundry is washed folded and put away, yeah me neither! I'm going to do a three part series that will cover laundry detergent powder and liquid versions, dryer sheets/ dryer balls, and softener/ vinegar rise. After becoming aware of all the junk that was in my every day products I started to do some research to find alternatives.  One of the first things I wanted to changed was my laundry detergent. I couldn't find one that was 'clean' and didn't have fragrance in it, so I decided to make my own. As my Dad always says if you want something done right, do it yourself! I have been making my own laundry detergent for over a year now. I have been very pleased with how it has worked! It is gentle and doesn't irritate my skin (see notes below) but is tough enough to cut through all the grease, grim, and dirt that gets on my farm clothes and my boyfriends shop clothes. The recipe is super ea